Sunday, November 9, 2014

“The Winter Is Coming”

      These days I have been worried about the winter, I heard a notice that a ‘bomb cyclone’ will make the Northern states of the US freezes this year (http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/09/us/cold-snap/index.html?hpt=hp_t1). So I was concerned about how to prepare to the winter.

      The first thing I did was search winter clothes on amazon.com. I searched for beanies for the winter, scarfs and earmuffs. And also looked for gloves that I can use to playing with the snow. To understand how to wear for the winter I had to make a research and learn about the layers of clothes that we should wear to go out when it is extremely cold. For example the layer of specifically underwear that we can call of second skin clothes, they are clothes made to avoid the heat loss and are very tight, so we use they and as the first layer. I also learned that is good to use clothes made of wool or something like this that leaves us with a hot temperature. Also I read that I must have a good wind coat, that the wind can’t affect me, something like a windbreaker.

     One thing that made me afraid is that I can’t wet my feet or hands because it can be very dangerous so I must buy some good gloves and boots. And also it is needed to protect our ears and face when the wind is so much cold.

     Also the thing that I am expecting so much is the snow, I think almost all Brazilians that are here have never seen snow in life. I think when starts to snow we will see a lot of “Brazilians children” playing outside in the snow. Making snowmen and having snowball fights.



No comments:

Post a Comment